Monday, November 12, 2018

November snow!

Where'd my furs go!?! 

Why'd you do this to me?!!
PATTY:  So, as you can see, Daffy got a fur cut -- basically her whole back end.  She still looks amazingly beautiful but I worry about her being cold.  However, as  you can see she is intelligent enough to have found a nice warm spot for naps.  Yesterday afternoon she even came up on the bed and climbed onto my stomach and lap and snuggled while I read (Postcards from the Edge by Carrie Fisher which was pretty funny, so I recommend it).  This was a VERY rare occurrence (not the reading; the lap snuggling)!  She has NEVER climbed on anyone's lap for snuggles.  This fur cut has altered her personality a little, I guess.

As is becoming the habit, apparently, when the weather changes her fur starts flying off her body.  We were finding hand-fulls of fluff everywhere.  In the morning the path to the kitchen was covered with big tufts of fur leading to the food bowls . . . a feline Hansel and Gretl twist!  Then all of a sudden, as if overnight. her back end was completely matted and all the mats were like concrete -- we could NOT brush them or comb them out.  She was suffering and confused about what was happening, so we had no choice but to take her to the vet.

That's because unlike normal kitties, she won't let strangers touch her without biting their hands off.  So, not only do we have to pay for an office visit ($53) and grooming ($35), we also need an anesthetist ($50) to administer the sedative.  I realize there are some human females who spend about that much for grooming visits to the salon.  So, am I complaining?  Nah.  We lived with Bhu, the Mat-Master of them all, for 19 years and so I should say we are used to it (but we never really are).

If you are some of the "lucky" Americans who are having snow this week, may I sympathize!  All I can suggest is plenty of hot cocoa.  xoxo

1 comment:

Katie Isabella said...

Daffy, Admiral used to get iron mats in her very back area. I was allowed to brush her, yes, but when I got to a forming mat...I wasn't allowed to brush it out. I had to take her to the Vet's office at least once a year when she did form a hard mat to get it shaved out. Usually just a zap. As she got to be about 14, some formed on her tummy as she absolutely would NOT allow brushing or even combing there. Another zap with the razor. Long haired cats do have to go through it sometimes. Daffy you are very very beautiful!