Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Efurry day thanking

Patty here!  Bhu is sleeping.  He has had a hard day so far.  He horked up on his favorite napping spot, so he has been wandering around from sunny spot to sunny spot.  I just gave him some Appetizer; sometimes it settles his tummy.

In a minute I am going to attempt to make a pecan pie from scratch.  I've got collard greens soaking in the sink and the ham hocks in the fridge.  All the parts for tomorrow's feast are assembled and I have a pot of decaf coffee ready to keep me hydrated during the rigorous preparations!  The photo, by the way, is of our lovely KnockOut roses blooming like crazy!  You know, even though we had a devastating drought this year, all my roses did spectacularly well (I think it was the leaf mulch and I did water them every day).  They all have very long stems, too.  The real reason for posting today is that I wanted to "file" a recipe for homemade spray starch that I do not want to lose.  This is from "Sunday Morning Quilts" by Amanda Jean Nyberg & Cheryl Arkison, a lovely book I got at the library.

HOMEMADE SPRAY STARCH

12 to 16 ozs water
1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch

Mix the water and cornstarch until no lumps remain and pour into a spray bottle.  You can add 2 to 3 drops of lavender essential oil, if you like.  The starch will separate between uses, so you will need to shake well before each use.  If you're not going to use it regularly, keep it in the fridge.

P.S.  Bhu, Sabryin and I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving!!  xxoo

5 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Happy Thanksgiving Hugs GJ xx xx

Jacqueline said...

We hope handsome Bhu is feeling better today...Happy Thanksgiving, we are very grateful to be your friends! ...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat, Daddy Cat

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures you have on your site. Note: the "House of the Lazy Husband" photo is out of date...the husband is no longer lazy; that was eight years ago!

Katie Isabella said...

Bhu, mommy said I horked up in 4 places today and 2 yesterday!