Thursday, July 16, 2015

Shenanigans!

10:00 am and sound asleep!

6 pm and sound asleep!
 PATTY:  So, yes, we have been gone a while and I know it worried some of you; it always worries me a lot when someone doesn't post for a while.  Although we have had some family turmoil (my father-in-law passed away in June, as well as other things going on), but the number one -- NUMERO UNO -- problem we have had is Bhu.  He sleeps all day and at about 9:30 pm when we are winding down and getting ready for a night's sleep, he's bright as a button singing/screaming/yowling his brains out!! 

Egads, for a while there we thought he was gravely ill, he cried out so much.  But for such an "ill" boy he was having no problems packing away the Whiskas and Fancy Feast Appetizers and all of his bodily functions were functioning -- especially his MOUTH!  So, we are still in that mode, not getting any sleep at night, using ear plugs and shutting the bedroom door . . . but mostly we get up and tend to his effurry need all through the night.  I wish there was a Pawrents' Union I could complain to! 

Beautiful Mimosa blossoms outside my bedroom window!
So, instead of sleeping I look out at the yard and enjoy the mimosa blossoms.  Watching the bees digging down into the blossoms of this tree is quite a bit of fun.  They have to manipulate the feathery froth to the side; fun to watch!

These apples are much smaller than they look!
And watching the apple trees to make sure no deer try to eat the new fruit!  I'm afraid the deer are on to me because I did fall asleep the other night and woke up to find the lower rung of apples gone.  Drats!

Anyway, being an elder kitteh pawrent is no picnic.  Share stories if you will!  Is it going to get better, worse?

Hope your summer is going well!  xoxo  Patty & Bhu

4 comments:

pilch92 said...

I am very sorry about your father-in-law. Have you tested your kitty's thyroid- those sound like classic symptoms of hyperthyroid which is easily managed with a pill. 3 of my boys suffer from it.

Ava said...

So sorry for the loss of your father in law.

As for kitty ... hang in there. Hope you get it all figured out.

Sweet Purrfections said...

We're very sorry to hear about the loss to your father-in-law. We're concerned that Bhu wants to communicate so much at night. Are you sure there isn't anything physically wrong with him. We know he is a senior kitty and some things do change. Sweet Praline's behavior didn't really change as she aged.

Brulee and Truffle send Uncle Bhu special purrs.

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

I am very sorry about your father-in-law.
Me too sleep all day and play all night :)
I don´t scream and I don´t have any toy´s that makes any sounds either so I don´t disturb my humans that much *mol*