Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Patty's Folly

These are the rain barrels we had installed last month. This is not at ALL how I thought it would look. Now I am trying to figure out how to "camoflauge" them. At first, I thought I would dress them in grass skirts so when the wind blows they would appear to be dancing. LOL! Let me say, this is not what I thought I was getting. I contacted the local Urban Agriculture group and this configuration cost over $500. Each barrel holds 33 gallons of water. That means I have paid $5.05 a gallon for rain water. PLUS, it is not available on demand unless it has rained and the barrels are full. I am calling this Patty's Folly!


Seriously, I'm thinking about having a Camoflauge Contest, but I'm not sure what the "prize" would be. Got any ideas? xxoo

1 comment:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

um, they are very blue. I can see how this design would be better than open barrel. These should not create mosquito nurseries. If you ever do get the rain they will be nice but depending on mother nature for writing lately hasn't been too good in your area I suspect. I asked, like the idea of hula skirts. Or maybe you could Wrap them in quilt scraps.