Sunday, April 24, 2011

Yo, Bunny!

Today it is incidentally Easter. Thirty-plus years ago Poppy, I and our friend Robert sat around the dining room table and painted eggs. We hung them from the chandelier. I saved those eggs because they represent a splendid time in our lives, as does this wonderful copy of the Fannie Farmer Cookbook that Robert gave to me. Last Sunday I was preparing a boneless pork roast with yellow beets, red turnips and onions and halfway through the roasting the oven burst into flames because the element broke in half. We have been without an oven all week because my electric range is seriously "vintage" and they had to order the part. So this week I have been awash in pleasant, warm recollections of Robert.

Yesterday Poppy and I took a class to learn how to make books. It was SO MUCH FUN! Poppy was the only male in the class, as is the case with most of the art classes we take. Can I tell you how lucky, lucky I feel to be with someone whose primary recreational activity is NOT sitting in front of a TV screen watching sports? BLESSEDLY LUCKY! And how lucky to come home and find a scene like this:
Bhu's World. His favorite spot to sleep. "Where U been?" Well, we have learned how to make books today. "But I can't read!" Oh, that's right. I forgot you are the center of the universe! "Why U not take kitteh food preparation class instead?" Hmmmm

6 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

THat sounds like a fun class. What wonderful memories> Happy Easter!

Katnip Lounge said...

Happy Easter from alla us at the Katnip Lounge! Now I am concerned about my oven, I didn't think they did THAT!

Jacqueline said...

Great photo of handsome Bhu and all the lovely quilts!...Happy Easter, precious friend...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Lovely memories. Happy Easter Hugs GJ x

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Oh yeah, that would be a great class too! Hope you post your books you made :) Yes, we are very lucky gals to have shared classes with our spouses!

Love Bhu's bedroom too. He seems to keep it pretty tidy! Lucky him to own all of those wonderful quilts too!

Mr Puddy said...

I love your favorite spot to sleep..Look so cosy and comfy.

Happy Hoppy Easter !
Have a wonderful time with your family
xoxo