Friday, December 24, 2010

R-rated Santa Story

I can never remember a time when I "believed" in Santa Claus. I always knew that the presents came from people but figured they gave the credit to Santa because if you didn't like the present they could blame it on him or you ("You must have been a bad girl this year, Patty. That's why you didn't get that diamond tiara you asked for!") You know that little girl in "Miracle on 34th Street?" Yeah, well that's ME! I would sit on Santa's lap and he would ask me what I wanted and I would tell him, "But my mommy already knows what I want."

My sister Bobby was a Present-Whisperer. Around about October she would sneak through every room of the house searching for and peeking into boxes. By the week before Christmas, she knew what everyone was getting. I guess she didn't believe in Santa, either. But look at her in this picture (if you can get past my HUGE feet! LOL!). This photo must have been taken at my cousin's house (blond girl in the middle holding barely visible doll). Bobby is on the left and you can see how carefully her doll has been perched beside her; she has chosen to portray the doll as a friend. I am holding my doll and her arms are all awry ("Hey, Santa! Let me outta here! This kid has no idea how to treat a doll of my stature!") It is obvious I did not like dolls. Nor did I like the prissy lace collar and petticoat that, by now, my mother was forcing me to wear. Ish.

Anyhoo, we are having a snow incident today, so it is a white christmas, for sure. Hope you all have a good one! Bhu is gonna sleep through this one just like he slept through the last one. xxoo Patty

4 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I was a doll person and still am. No one was ever able to convince me that I was 'too old' for a doll because my Great Aunt Nanny had lots of dolls and she was really old! . I still have most of my dolls, one is a Bylo baby that is 58 years old. It is not a bisque doll; it has a rubber head.Have a merry Christmas

Jacqueline said...

Merry Christmas precious friends...xoxo...J, Calle, Halle, Sukki

NEEDLEWINGS said...

My middle sister and I had big walking dolls that were as big as we were. I can't say as I played with it that much, perhaps I was more intimidated by it's size. I was more of a Barbie girl, although my favorite doll was Samantha from Bewitched! Loved her sexy witch dress, her high heels and her broom. lol Our dad built us a Barbie trailer. I guess you could say that we had trailer trash Barbie. lol I think the favorite presents that I got, had to do with sewing and art. They still do to this day!
Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and Bhu
got all the nip and treats he wanted from Santa Paws!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Merry Christmas!

My mom says to tell you she still believes in Santa!