Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorable Day!

Using the Canon EOS Rebel today and had to resize, so this will be an adventure. The Canon is like an APPLIANCE! Anyway, I am in the stash today trying to choose fabric(s) for the backing of the thread-saver pinwheel top I finished a couple of months ago. Time flies!

I met this paisley at a yard sale up the street and I think it's perfect for the backing, but there's not enough. Isn't that always the case? So I need to add more and my MO is up the middle.

Yesterday I sewed the binding on Kyle's quilt and took photos of that process, but it turned out the disc was not in the camera! Those moments are lost forever, but you can see I am now in the process of handsewing the binding . . . only three more sides to go!

I had to postpone my planned Memorial Day extravaganza featuring pages and photos from my father's war journal because our scanner has "retired." I hope to bring that to you tomorrow. It will be worth the wait, I promise. This has been one of the SUCKIEST three-day weekends! All these storms wreak havoc on our bodies in many ways and the yard is simply a huge layer of muck. We had to move the compost bin because it was crawling with ants! Somehow, the compost tea missed the pan and it's all over the porch now. Grilling is planned and I'm gonna sew. Hope you all are dry and happy.

I wish that people didn't have to sacrifice their lives in wars and I hate Memorial Day because it is too sad. If you are a past or present soldier I can only be grateful that you served and offer my sincerest apology for the traumas that you suffered in my name. xxxooo P

No comments: