Thursday, March 6, 2008

Okay, I'm TOO PICKY!!

There is no hope for me and so I have been kicked out of the Quilt in a Day Club (if one actually exists). Personally, I define a "Day" as a 24-hour period, not necessarily sequential. At this point I have worked 3 hours on Sunday, 2 hours on Monday, 2 hours on Tuesday and then quilted the whole dang thing last night in about 1-1/2 hours (I had to pull out a few errant stitches here and there). I just did not have the physical wherewithal to sew on the binding, though, which will be my chore for this evening and which I expect will take another 1-1/2 hours. Therefore, hours spent working on this quilt are well below the "Day," as it has been defined by Moi. If any of you out there are interested in joining my NEW club (Lazy Ass Kwilters' Society -- LAKS for short), let me know.

With time to spare, I have a question. Q: If all the beautiful Bengal and Siberian Tigers lived in the U.S., how many of them do you think would still be alive? A: They would have been extinct a hundred and fifty years ago.

And a little criticism. The University prints and distributes a gorgeous calendar every year, but for the past four years there has always been something wrong with it, e.g., typos or duplicate dates or missing dates. This year it looked pretty good except for a typo on the second page, but when I turned the page from Feb to March, I learned that the first day of spring is now referred to as "Vernal Solstice!" Oh, and we now have an "Autumnal Solstice" too! I guess they decided it was too much trouble to try to remember which is an equinox, which is a solstice. You see, we are an institution of higher learning and we train people to be leaders and scholars but apparently we have no proofreaders. Maybe I'm too picky.

Toodles Tootsies! xxoo P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about proof readers, or lack there of! It astounds me everytime I read the newspaper, dont they use spellcheck?