Wednesday, February 13, 2008

She'd be okay if she wasn't such a SHOW-OFF!

Remember that basket of flying geese? I started the top Monday when I was home sick and finished it yesterday afternoon after work. Even for a scrap quilt, it's kinda on the ugly side, but I love the Road to California pattern and once it's quilted it will have more character. Anyway, who says quilts have to be pretty? I think the Gees Bend ladies pretty much answered THAT question! Which is a perfect segue to this: when do you give up on a UFO and just let it be a HYTI (Here, you take it). I'm a sucker for the RTC pattern, though, because it's a great way to use up 5" squares, of which I still have a half-full shoebox. There is a half-basket of red and brown flying geese, so I will make another RTC with those.

On the other hand, Bhu's groomer informed me last week that she wouldnt' be able to groom him in April because she's having a baby in late March! Yikes, I didn't even notice her bump. I'm not quite sure poor Bhu can go for one month without being groomed. Nevertheless, you know what that means: BABY QUILT! And, hooray for me, it's a GIRL. And Josie LOVES roses and pink and everything girlie.

Hugs xxoo P

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I love the quilt! It is definitely NOT an ugly quilt in my eyes. I look forward to seeing the next one.