Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tornadoes in January

Lots of storms rolling through yesterday: sirens going off, people wandering about in the hallways trying to decide if they should go to the basement or stay in the hallway, moms worrying about their kids, me worrying about my husband driving around in solid sheets of rain (imagining skids, ditches, dashboards -- knock on wood). Of course, all the weather drama brought the change in temperatures from 75 down to 55.

I keep thinking about my garden. Wonder if I will have the strength to plant and maintain it. Brussells sprouts, sweet potatoes, okra (because I love the blossoms), wax beans, anaheim peppers, arugula, bok choy, red and yellow pear tomatoes, patty pan squash, and basil. These are wax beans from last summer's plants -- the initial harvest. They seem easier to digest than the green version.

No comments: