Saturday, January 5, 2008

Boredom leads to publication

This is a message in a bottle, that's all. I don't intend to attract attention, sell you anything, or try to make myself feel brilliant by posting my "uniquenesses." I will just be here for a while.

This is a Spools Quilt that I made a couple of months ago from blocks I hand-sewed over five years ago. These UFOs eventually come together. I have a lot of photos of UFO quilts I have completed over the past four years and I will be trying to post them.

I've also started choosing seeds and plants for our garden. I am so excited about coneflowers and goldenrod . . . how well they do in our soil! Pinetree Seeds is my favorite catalog because the packets are smaller, so they are cheaper and you don't have to worry about storing leftovers. They also carry a fine selection of sprouting seeds, perennial plants, bulbs, etc. This year I am going to try planting sweet potatoes.

No comments: