Monday, January 15, 2018

Dear Minnesota: Second Notice!!

Daffy's Tip of the Day:  Fleece jammies make great pillows!
PATTY:  Apparently, Minnesota won't take its crappy weather back and we have had s-n-o-w again!  And it is brain-bucking cold, the kind where your fingertips burn even if you're wearing gloves and there can't BE enough layers between your skin and the air.  I should head south, like Ann of Zoolatry; although I hear it's not so warm down there, either! 

Daffy can't wait for the morning when Poppy takes off his jammies and puts on his day clothes.  He has the softest, warmest fleece jammies and as soon as they're off, she jumps up on the bed and kneads her way into a blissful day-long nap.  She'll be up at 4 for her next major feeding.  What a life!! 

Today is Martin Luther King day and I realize there are generations of folks who have no idea who he is or what he did.  "The time is always right to do what is right."  "We must live together as brothers or perish together as fools."  The dream persists in so many of us, but the reality pains our souls.  So, if you pray today, don't pray for health, wealth, success, or romance.  Pray for peaceful coexistence and an end to hatred and the violence it spawns. 

It's also a day off, which for me is not a very profitable situation since if I don't work I don't get paid, so I will be enjoying my sewing mojo, which recently returned.  I've been working on the North Wind quilt using Kaffe Fasset fabrics and just need to design the borders and then it will be a quilt!  Hope you all will have a happy, productive day!! 

xoxo

2 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

I think Minnesota sent a side car down on that railroad train full of bitter cold and snow, to right HERE!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

yes I heard you have more snow coming! I am in Michigan and this has been a REAL winter for sure!!! Good luck to your Vikings too!