Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sabbatical is Over!

We apologize for being "on sabbatical" for such a long time, but we have been visiting all of you as much as possible.
Bhu: "Whatchu talkin' about WE! YOU have been on sabbatical. My exkews is I got no thumbs!"
Patty: Yeah, yeah, Bhu, they all know this. As I was saying, ahem, thanks to Wanda of Afrayed of Fibers for the very artistic photographic interpretation of Bhu. If not for her, we would have no photos. All my photos are trapped on the camera disk and I haven't been able to get to the Photoshop computer to size them properly. A lot has been happening, some of which I have photographic evidence, some of which I simply refuse to admit (in denial) so no photos. But today my sewing machine got sick and I had to take it in for "urgent care." Turns out it wasn't threaded right. DUH. I admit, though, that I have been using it a lot and kind of abusing it, really . . . not changing the needle when I should, using embroidery thread instead of sewing thread, not taking the time to dust or cover it between uses.
Bhu: "Blah, blah, blah. Tell them about me."
Patty: Okay, you don't have to be so mean. So, Bhu is doing okay with his CRF food. He prefers Appetizer, but he will eat the Royal Canin if there is nothing else. He had to go to the vet yesterday for more blood work and this morning the doctor called me to say Bhu's lab results were a tiny bit better than the last time. Woo Hoo! Which means he doesn't need to be artificially hydrated!!! Thanks to effurryone who has contacted us with information and links and encouragement! We are very grateful! xxoo

7 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Glad to hear that the vet nws is god. We understand about busy so dont worry.. Hugs GJ xx

Anonymous said...

When Poppa got up this morning, Buh yowled at him once to get his attention. Then Poppa gave his his special food and Buh went to gobbling it right away! Yay!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Bhu, we are glad you are a tiny bit better! every little bit helps!

Jacqueline said...

I gave my kitty, Nikki, fluids every day for almost 2 years before she went to the Bridge (from 18 to 2 weeks shy of turning 20) and my Mom gave her cat, Asia, fluids everyday for 5 years (from 15 to 20)...It was easy once you get used to it and our cats tolerated it very well...We would wrap them in a towel and do it in the same place and it only took a couple minutes a day...I know this gave us precious extra years with our babies and I would do it again for any one of mine today...Purring and praying for Bhu, best of luck with that lovely boy...Take care...J (Calle,Halle, Sukki)

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Efurry little bit better is better than no better at all!!! Keep working on it 'lil buddy. Just never sits too long, you see what happened to me. Azlan (who's getting better with therapy)

Mr Puddy said...

I just love the art of your photo ! It's beautiful ! And have a good style !
And Phu, I 'm a fan of Royal Canin too cause I have problem with my pee. It's good stuff ! I'm not doing much blogging in these day, I'm not sure what you have been through but I'm glad you are doing better !
Purrs for you my lovely friend
xoxo

Sweet Purrfections said...

We're glad to hear that Uncle Bhu's bloodwork was a little better and that he doesn't need any artificial fluid right now. We love our Uncle Bhu.

Truffle and Brulee