Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ram Dass to the Rescue!

They told us we wouldn't have a colorful Fall because we had such a cool, rainy summer. EHHH! WRONG! Sweet Gum Tree tells no lies (seefururself).

"Did U retirez?" Well, Bhu, sort of. "What's SORT OF retiredz?" Rather than leaving abrubtly, I'm going to work half-time and take four weeks of vacation between now and January. I'm also going to have an apprentice! "Like Mickey Mouse and the Sorcerer?" Something like that, I guess. "How U make this desishun?" I consulted with a few Crones and then I read Ram Dass's book "Still Here." This more gentle transition seems to be righter, but you know I have a talent for making bad decisions. "Zzzzzzzzzzzzz."

7 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I am glad you have the option of a gentler retirement plan. Mine was abrupt and encouraged whether I wanted to go or not. 'Here is your package, sign by this date and if you don't you wi;; be laid off with the rest of the department'. It has taken me 8 months to really start to enjoy it. There are still days I am blue and don't want to get out of bed!

Sweet Purrfections said...

My mom kind of likes that idea. This still give your mom more time for you, Bhu!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

My um says that sounds like a great idea what your mum is doing.. Nice and gentle.. Hugs GJ xx

Cat with a Garden said...

This sounds purrfect to us. Make it as gentle as possible, that's always best.

Sabryin's Game Blog said...

Belleh Wubs, Belleh Wubs, mor'n'mor!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Yeah, yo momma still gotta get that Fancy Feast, can't suddenly make Bhu catch his dinner! Could be a CATastrophy! That might be what happen around here, Bhu! Furskins daddy here quit his job for a new one with less pay! OH boy, we gonna find out a lot of stuff out here!

Slash and Bronzy said...

Not colorful? That tree has Purrlenty of colors!!!