Saturday, August 1, 2009

GladoWEiz!!

Subtitled: OMG! IT'S AUGUST 1ST AND IT'S 62 DEGREES!

The second coolest summer on record here. I am not complaining, except "How come we can't have it like this ALL the time?? Huh?" The gladioli are starting to bloom and the very dark ones are my faves. This is the same patch where the peas grew until the bunny ate everything! It's at this time of the year that I always have gardener's remorse: Why didn't I work harder and make a larger garden? My muscles tell one story in spring; my imagination tells another in August!
More faves from the garden: Madonna Lilies! Oh how I love their fragrance! As I said last year, you never know where these will show up in the garden. I'm always astonished, to be honest!

Bhu is having a nap under the antique oak rocker, so no photo-op there. "U getz away furrum me! Me iz nappin!"

Corless says I am smarter than Natalie Wood. Actually, the character she played in "Miracle on 34th Street" was a fair representation of me as a child (except I wasn't a snotty know-it-all, but I did sit on Santa's lap at Macy's . . . repeatedly). When I was a gifted child, I always missed my friends in the middle. Play is good for humans and that is the part of life I have neglected. Maybe "neglected" is the wrong term, because it hasn't been an entirely voluntary decision. I chose to be responsible for my family's well-being out of necessity. I chose to take care of myself instead of relying on others. I have always paid my bills and lived within or below my means. I have been "green" when green wasn't cool. I give, I tolerate, I testify, but I do not thrive. What will my future hold?

Bhu sez, "OMG, U R so neurotic! Ur future will be to makez me some more chicken liver pate. U iz good at that!" Well, thanks, Bhu! I'm glad you like it! xxoo Patty

8 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

The garden looks good to me. I love those lillies and havn't seen those kids before. Gladies are a favourite of mine..

Hugs GJ xx

Sweet Purrfections said...

Hey Bhu! Why wouldn't you let your mom take your picture so I could see you. I've missed you.

The flowers are beautiful.

The Florida Furkids said...

those flowers are beautiful! We have Madonna Lilies but Mom never knew what they were called.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Reese =^..^= said...

Oh my goodness! Absolutely gorgeous!

ZOOLATRY said...

Is my handsome BhuBoy hiding amongst those flowers... Bhu where are you? Bhu... come out, come out, wherever you are...

it's World Cat Day today, aren't you gonna party down...

Ms Maggy

ZOOLATRY said...

Monday August 10...

BHU... if you haven't already done so, you must stop by to see Sweet Praline today...
she's all in a hissy-fit over
you!

Purrs from your Magnificent Maggy

PS how cute: our word verification is KOZYING ! Believe it!

Anonymous said...

The Glads are gorgeous! I think I agree with you that the dark ones are the most beautiful. The lilies are stunning also. Isn't nature wonderful?

Redquilter

Nancy said...

I had to chuckle when I saw the gladiolas. When Ronnie was about
3, our trip to the shore was delayed because of a possible hurricane. The sky was black and menacing and the wind was fierce. He came running in the house saying "The galodys are coming" over and over. It took me a few minutes to figure out he meant the first glad shoots were coming up.