Friday, August 21, 2009

As the Paw Turns: Celebration!

After a very short nap and a frantic housecleaning event, the Mayor's humble abode is ready for the dinner guests. Always one for oratory, Gingie clears his throat. "I've called you all here this evening at the request of Sweet Praline, the village Diva. She truly believes that we can all get along, without hissing and swatting and the rivalry among us. In fact, perhaps we can teach the humans a lesson about that (they do need it now don't they?). Take your seats at table, please, so the 'beans can start serving the delicious morsels! Hey, Bhu, get out of your bag and come to the table and on your way get Melvin away from that nip. He just doesn't know when to stop! Doc Romeo, can you just wake up for a minute and stop sleeping on the table? We need room for the morsels!" "Stop complaining GJ, I did one-hundred-and-one surgeries today! I worked far harder than any old civil servant like you, and I am tired! But, out of deference to your position, I'll be seated."

"Goma, get off the sidebar and come join us. "K, but I can getz bettur photos furrum over here, an' I gotsta publish tomorrow in political and social pages!
I worriez about it being "furreeee advertising" for your mayoral campaign next year. Does this meanz I hasta give equal space to other candidates? Hmmmm."

While everyone gathers at table, GJ invites Khyra to join the floofsters. "After all... wouldn't you all agree that's a very good way to begin getting along?" In unison, effuryone responds, "Yes, oh yes it is. That's how the paw turns . . . towards you with friendship!

As Melvin jumps under the table to retrieve his little mousie, he sees Sweet Praline reach for both the Mayor's and Bhu's paws. Maggy whispers to Khyra "She's such a diva!" Hmmmmmm.

5 comments:

Sweet Purrfections said...

I love it! I love it! I think Maggy is still a little jealous of me, but I have two of the best mancats in the room!

Mr. Hendrix said...

oh wow! i'm glad this is "DVRd" on your bloggy cause we didn't get a chance to tune in until today,

what drama! i wonder if this soap will have a sequel? the characters are facinating...

The Florida Furkids said...

We loved As the Paw Turns and can't wait for the next season!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Susan Shie said...

Hi Patty. Didn't realize you have such a drama going on in your blog! Veddy Interesting! :)

I just wanted to see if you still want to come to Turtle Art Camp in Wooster in October. Maybe you've got other plans, like taking your Soap to Sundance then!

Anyhow, please let me know. Thanks, Lucky

NEEDLEWINGS said...

So much drama. lol Love it!!

So are you going to see Susan Shie? If you do, you will have to swing over to visit me!!! I took a class up there about 11 or 12 years ago, but it wasn't at Susan's. I have been tempted to go though. This Oct. am going to CT. to take a class with Pam Grouse from Australia. (http://www.art-is-you.com)

OH a mixed media workshop would be a most exciting way to retire!!!! OH and those bottles of wine, save the corks and labels for art:) Come to think of it, it will take many labels, so perhaps we shall start early! lol So when's this party?