Saturday, February 2, 2008

G'Day, Matey!

This is an amaranth, the coolest annual in the garden! Warning to those in the 'hood: you'll be seeing lots of this July through October! Got a catalog today from Select Seeds (http://www.selectseeds.com/). They have EXCEPTIONAL prices on plants, both perennial and annual. I'm absolutely koo-koo for old-fashioned hollyhocks, so I will be ordering those as well as the aforementioned amaranth! Which reminds me, we need to take the Mantis tiller in for a little check-up. Those lifetime blades are great, but you never know about the innards. Also need to take the cordless mower in and get the handle and motherboard replaced.

My friend Gerri is on vacation in Australia and New Zealand and I got a postcard from her today featuring Uluru in the Northern Territory. Hope she's having a good time!! Reminds me of Annette, a former quilting buddy who lives there and works as an ob/gyn nurse at the hospital. I liked Annette and I miss hearing from her.

Had a really productive day yesterday but it turned into a really bad evening. I won't go into all the details, but I will say that I was able to successfully de-activate Mark's checking account. I don't seem to be able to do things like that on the weekdays -- only on the weekends! But you know it's kind of a good thing. Our bank gives you only a couple of tries to log in and if you fail, they close you down. Makes it hard for me, who can never remember passwords, but it makes it difficult for hackers, too.

No comments: